Tuesday, August 12

My heart was pounding...

My ears were throbbing, my chest beating like a hollow drum from the sound in front of me. This is what it felt like to take some of the best pictures of my life.

ZP Theart hitting the note.

But it wasn't just the excitement of being in a metal concert that got to me, it was the anticipation of crowd surfers being pulled down over my head by security. I watched multiple times as the photographer next to me tried to move away, but didn't do so in time and got kicked in the head by the riled up crowd. It was the one time in life I was glad to be 5'3".


David Mackintosh getting the crowd pumped up.

It's amazing some of the shots, some of the views you can get. And yet again, being short can be a major advantage for shots like these...


James Root shredding as one of Slipknot's two guitar players.


Chris Fehn posing behind his drum set.

It wasn't only the crowed surfers I had to look out for- photographers would push you away to get your shot. And, being small, it wasn't uncommon for me to be booted out of the way by someone twice my size.


Corey Taylor,(left) screaming out the vocals, Mick Thomson,(center) headbanging to the music, and Shawn "Clown" Crahan beating on his brand new drum set that arrived earlier that day. It is complete with spinning and raising elements that allow him to go 15 feet into the air, spin, and now has a flat screen on the front of the kit that displays a live feed of the crowd.

I learned to push back.

-Maddie

No comments:

Blog Archive