Saturday, July 5

The Trip Begins With a Bang

Fireworks explode over the Harbor, view from the Ale House Roof.

The Fourth of July I did a little experimentation with my camera to try to learn how to use it more efficiently. ASA/ISO is a really nifty setting and so is shutter speed. I sat on the roof of the Front Street Ale House and got some great pics. Hopefully, this practice will help with lighting at concerts, night shots, etc.

Today, I'm headed to Seattle to meet up with my dad. He just got done with a show for DISTURBED in Chicago, and the next item on the agenda is a show on the ninth in Auburn, Washington. Dad's coming to the Seattle area a few days early so that we can try to catch up.

I'm a little anxious to see him, since the last time I saw him was in January, and there's a lot we have to talk about and catch up on. Whenever we're together, it seems things are fine, but until then, family life seems stressful. I hope meeting other people in the music industry will help me understand I'm not the only one far from the family.

No comments:

Blog Archive