Saturday, July 19

Risking It All For the Job

Well, I'm headed back on the road on the 28th.

Today, the bands are in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and there's a bad storm brewing over the city. I received a text message from my dad today saying, "Pouring rain, lightning, and thunder. Wind blowing rain onto the stage. Cold wind and rain actually feels good after 110 degree Phoenix."

I asked dad if the equipment was holding up and if the bands will still play. Most electrical equipment is shipped around the country with the bands in cases the equipment permanantly stay in. The front and backs of the cases are removed and you plug the guitar, amps, etc., directly into the equipment. The audio devices are kept safe in the crates by foam on all sides which is about 2.5" to 3" thick that keep the equipment from getting knocked around.

Here's his reply:

"Too much lightning right now. Some bands won't play." I asked if Disturbed would play. His reply was, "We will sit out the dangerous part."

I'll be sure to get some pictures of the cases and more equipment when I head out.

PS- I'd love some feedback. If you want to see anything, have questions about anything, or have some ideas for me, please e-mail me at maddieleiren@hotmail.com . Anything is great!

-Maddie

No comments:

Blog Archive