Tuesday, November 4

Through the Fire and the Flames, there's another show...

And what a show it was!

Yesterday (Monday) I got to go down to Seattle at the showbox sodo and see all my friends in Dragonforce. What a show!

Not only was it great to see everyone again and sort of be re-introduced to others, but it was great to be back on the music scene. Here are some shots from the night:

From Dragonforce Seattle

ZP Theart (left) Fred Leclercq (center) and Sam Totman (right)

From Dragonforce Seattle


Dave Mackintosh, a good friend of mine kicking on the drums. His nickname "CompactDymano" definitely fits him.


From Dragonforce Seattle

A shot of Dave from backstage.


From Dragonforce Seattle

Fred (left) and Vadim Pruzhanov (right) Rocking out with their solos, Vadim on his keys, Fred on his guitar.

From Dragonforce Seattle
Sam Totman (left) and Herman Li (right). These men are gods at guitar.

More pics to come, of course. Right now, I'm still laughing to myself every five minutes about little inside jokes, about 'cooties' and 'dogs with wings'. It's amazing how great you feel after seeing good friends after such a long absence.

It was great to hang out with Dave in Seattle. We went for indian food at a little place downtown, then 'strolled' as he would say, up to Pike's Place Market. I got a GREAT reaction out of him with the monkfish. You know, this bugger:



The fish is a few feet long with an eel-like tail that sits at the top of the ice. When an unsuspecting tourist like Dave goes in for a close up, the workers pull the tail of the fish and scare the sh** out of the unsuspecting. It's the best prank ever.

It was a blast! Fred tried to teach me how to do the death metal growl, but quickly gave up claiming I'm a girl and can't do it. Eh, it happens. I got to do a little dancing with Stu, Dave's drumtech, and Fred, which was a blast! It was a hoot being the only girl there. I was asked for fashion advice from some of the guys, which was a new one for me.

I got to be one of the guys again, though, at the same time. The guys are a hoot! It was interesting, some of the English lingo they used though. At first, there was quite a bit of culture shock. Fred was right. They do speak in codes. But, I caught on.

Hopefully, I'll catch up with the guys again in BC, passport permitting, but god, do I miss those guys!

until next time,

-Maddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time
Funny about the fish

Blog Archive